Services are offered virtually or in-person based on your preference
Get started by scheduling a 15-Min Introductory Phone Call
When you choose to work with us, you can expect to meet with us at least 4-6 times during the first year, or as many times as needed to build your plan and implement our recommendations. You can expect the following meeting construct:
1. 15-MIN INTRODUCTORY PHONE CALL
A brief phone call to see if we are a good fit for the advice you are seeking. We will provide a short description of services, philosophies, methodology, and fee structure so you can feel confident we are the right fit for your needs.
2. GET ACQUAINTED MEETING
This meeting is scheduled after the Introductory phone call. We are interviewing each other to see if we can provide the value you seek. We will ask questions to clarify your financial goals, needs, and concerns. Before the meeting, we ask that you complete a brief questionnaire, and your answers will guide our discussion. We will not provide any specific recommendations just yet, however, at the end of the session we will quote you a fee for our services.
3. INTERIM PLANNING SESSION
Scheduled after our Get Acquainted Meeting, we collaboratively work to build your plan. Depending on the complexity of your planning needs, we may schedule a couple of these sessions. We will review the initial draft of your plan and confirm the goals, financial data, and concerns are correct. We will also modify/refine the strategy and discuss our initial recommendations. You also have access to the planning software, so you review the various scenarios on your own before our next meeting.
4. PLAN PRESENTATION MEETING
In this session, we deliver your customized plan. We will discuss the steps needed to implement and provide a schedule and step-by-step instructions to assist. Don’t worry; we won’t hand you a 60-page report and wish you luck. Instead, throughout our planning engagement, we will explain what you need to do to reach your financial goals. At the end of this session, you can expect a simple and easy to understand Executive Summary and Implementation Checklist covering all of our recommended action items.
5. SEMI-ANNUAL OR FOCUSED AREA REVIEW
We provide routine semi-annual reviews following our planning service calendar. We discuss the specifics of our recommendations and track your progress throughout the year making sure you stay on track to meet your goals and objectives.
6. KEEP THE RELATIONSHIP GOING!
Become a long-term client! A plan is only a snap-shot in time and only as good as the data available at conception. Life is messy and constantly changing and effective planning requires consistent touchpoints and adjustments along the way to make sure you stay on track.
Still Have Questions? Keep Reading...
Can you meet virtually and work with people in other states?
- Yes! While many of our clients are in Colorado, we work with retirement savers all over the United States. Our firm is equipped to meet with clients and potential clients through video conferencing software. Each virtual meeting is protected by a complex, unique password and we adhere to the strict security guidelines necessary to protect your privacy.
How do you make money?
- We are a commission-free and fee-only planning firm. Some financial advisors are commission-based, which may cause fees to be hidden or create conflicts of interest. Not us, we get paid strictly for our time and our expertise.
- One transparent fee includes ongoing financial planning. Our goal is to lower your taxes, reduce risk, and make sure you can retire without worry.
- Scheduling your first phone call with us and will help you make an informed decision about working with our firm and others you may be considering.
Why should I consider hiring you?
- Great question! But first, let us explain why you shouldn’t hire me.
- If you’re looking for an advisor who will trade stocks to “beat the market,” you’re in the wrong place. Why? Because we only focus on what you can control, costs and taxes. Predicting if the stock market will go up or down, or guessing what interest rates will do next, are not things you can control.
- But if you’re interested in things like planning for your future, investing smarter, and creating a retirement income stream, you’re in the right place.
Not quite ready to schedule an appointment? That’s ok!
You can also call our direct line at 719-685-0600 (Ext 2) if you just have a few questions for us or Sign-up for our Mailing List to stay in touch.